My Eggless Chocolate Cake November 22, 2007
Of recent, I have started going to the kitchen. After my DSN i have really ‘broken my barrier’ of cooking. A few things I learnt as a novice :
Cooking is easy
Chopping, peeling and sifting ar not!
The best way is to follow the recipe word to word.
Alright , yesterday I baked a cake for mom’s YES!+ . It turned out hot! I followed this very easy recipe which I took off the net. Here is how it goes…
3 cups flour
6 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
2 Tsps of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups of water
2 cups of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup of oil
1. Sift 3 cups of flour, 6 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 2 tsp of baking soda, and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl
2. In another bowl, whisk 2 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp vinegar, ½ cup oil. Whisk until the sugar gets dissolved.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well with help of hand mixer. Pour the batter into a greased oven pan.
4. Pre- heat the oven to 350 F and bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
5. Let it cool and keep in the fridge. Serve it cold.
It turned out BRILLIANT! And the best thing is that it is without egg. Yes yumms without paap. I put some chocolate desert dressing to make up for the lack of frosting. Made swirls on top and let it drip by the sides.
And behold the beauty!